An advertising model Pay Per Click (PPC) is widely used on the Internet by advertisers. Special keywords related to their business make the ads listed on different web search engines and partner sites. While doing search in any search engine you might see the sponsored links. Top, bottom or right side are the usual places where sponsored links normally appear on the the search engine results page (SERP). Sponsored links are also known as Paid Listings, Sponsored Listings, or Featured Listings.
An open bidding system is the basis of PPC campaign ads. To have their advertisement listed , advertisers have to bid it. In theory, the highest bid gets the highest position. However, various search engines, e.g. Google, have a special formula that contains more factors than just a bid.
Ad Rank = CPC bid × Quality Score
The Quality Score for Ad Rank on Google and search partners is determined by:
- The matched ad on the site and the actual clickthrough rate (CTR). Google considers only his own historical performance. Search partners consider the performance on the specific search as well as the ad performance across the search network
- History of your account. It is calculated by the CTR of all the ads and keywords you have in account
- The historical CTR of the display URLs in the ad group
- The relevance of the keyword to the ads in its ad group
- The relevance of the keyword and the matched ad to the search query
- Your account’s performance in the geographical region where the ad will be shown
- Other relevance factors
PPC Management Services
- Strategy Consultation: Start with a phone call to discuss aims and objectives, keywords, general strategies and other consultation.
- Campaign Arrangement: Ongoing strategic campaign planning, search engine/publisher recommendations, search query targeting strategies, structure of all campaigns, and budget allocation.
- Keyword List Creation: Entire keyword list development, testing strategy, and grouping/organizational strategy.
- Creative Development: Creative strategy development, messaging for all keyword titles, and listings. Daily split testing and copywriting.
- Traffic Organization: Initial and ongoing trafficking of keywords, creative copy, tracking tags, and any other trafficking needs.
- Campaign Management: Day-to-day campaign management, budget management, QA, and troubleshooting of campaigns.
- Bid Management: Overall bid strategy for search engines and keywords, as well as ongoing bid management for keyword-specific listings. Daily bid optimization based on client’s goals and allocated budget.
- Tracking and ROI Measurement: Resolution between search engine and client-tracked data.
- Performance Reporting: Delivery of bi-monthly performance reports.
- Optimization: Continues optimization of all prior processes for the sake of meeting campaign goals.
- Communication: Phone calls/email updates as needed.